Best Gravel Bikes of 2023 In Every Budget
Gravel bikes have amazing tire clearances and stability compared to other bike types in the market. The dual purpose of this bike to ride on paved or unpaved roads is what makes this bike a great choice for cyclists.
If you are looking for the best gravel bikes, then this is the right article for you. Take a look at the list of best gravel bikes curated by our experts. We’ve also listed key comparisons between the products, buying tips, and most commonly asked questions from our customers to help you make an informed decision. Come, let’s get started!
Reviews of the Best Gravel Bikes 2023
1. Royce Union Gravel Bike
Royce Union is one of the best budget gravel bikes on the market. This bike is designed with a 21-inch rigid hardtail frame which is durable and light in weight. You can use this bike in all types of terrains and it will keep you comfortable throughout your ride. With the dual Shimano brake system, stopping becomes easier and more efficient. In case of any sudden obstacle on your path, you can stop your bike in a fraction of a second. The Shimano 18-speed drivetrain allows you to shift between any speed smoothly.
- 11x34 cassette and Neco alloy 3-piece crank
- WTB alloy rims which provide great traction on the road
- Rims are paired with WTB Nano 700c tires
- WTB volt saddle offers you ultimate comfort for a long ride
- Color - Denim blue
- Warranty - 10-year limited frame warranty
- Assembly - Professional assembly required
Shimano brake system
WTB rim alloys and tires
Rigid hardtail frame
- Crankset might make noise
2. Schwinn Sporterra Gravel Bike
Schwinn’s bikes is one of the best budget gravel bikes you can ride fastly on any terrain. It is designed with a rigid fork that absorbs any shock that you may get from sudden encounters. With the Shimano 14-speeds, you can shift between any speed quickly and easily. The brakes are alloy mechanical that give you superior traction and stopping power in case of any sudden obstacles. Plus the 700Cx38c tires provide good traction on muddy trails. You can adjust the saddle easily with a quick-release seat post.
- 700c wheels will give good control on the road
- Multi-terrain tires allow you to ride on any type of road
- Shimano shifter/brake lever combo
- Suspension type is rigid which absorbs any type of shock that may come in case of obstacle
- Color - Black
- Warranty - Limited warranty
- Assembly - 90% of the bike is pre-assembled.
Quick release seat post
- Size may vary
3. Vilano Gravel Bike
Vilano is one of the best gravel bikes suited for city streets, gravel trails, and fire roads. The frame is aluminum which is light in weight and keeps you comfortable throughout the ride. Brakes and shifters are integrated into a single unit which gives you controllable breaking and shifting between gears throughout the ride. The mechanical disc brakes offer you quick-stopping power over obstacles. This is one of the best budget gravel bikes that you will enjoy riding.
- Wheels are 700c and the tires are 700cx38c
- Aluminum frame with steel fork
- Integrated brake lever shifters
- Dual purpose tires
- Color - Black
- Warranty - Contact customer service for warranty details
- Assembly - Requires assembly and tuning
Intergrated braking and shifting
Water bottle mount
Mechanical disc brakes
- Requires assembly and tuning
4. Giordano Trieste Gravel Bike
Giordano is one of the best steel gravel bikes on the market. This bike is a great choice if you are looking for a high-quality, uniquely built adventurous bike for long traveling. The steel frame and fork are light in weight and will keep you comfortable throughout the ride. They are joined with 30mm tires and give you an ultra-smooth riding experience. With the Shimano 16-speed drivetrain, you can shift between any given speed quickly and easily. The STI shifters and powerful brakes give you great stopping power over any obstacles. These features make this bike one of the best gravel bikes.
- Shimano Claris STI shifters.
- 32 holes double-wall alloy rim for better traction of the tires.
- 700cx30mm tires.
- Mechanical disc brakes
- Color - Gray
- Warranty - Limited lifetime on frame and one year on parts
- Assembly - The bike is pre-assembled mostly.
STI shifters and powerful brakes
- Tools are not included for installation
5. Eurobikes Gravel Bikes
Eurobike is one of the best steel gravel bikes for casual road trips, and community riding. 700c wheels give you a high-speed riding experience. The frame is made of carbon steel which is light in weight and also durable. Rims are aluminum which provides good traction on the road. The Shimano 21-speed shifter allows you to shift between any given speed quickly.
- 700*28C road tires that give you good traction on the road.
- Durable carbon steel frame and fork.
- Front and rear disc brakes give great stopping power.
- Alloy wheels provide stability and durability while riding.
- Rigid suspension that absorbs any shock in case of any encounters
- Color - Black-white 30, Black white H, and Black white
- Warranty - One-year warranty
- Assembly - The bike is 85% pre-assembled and it is easy to assemble the rest on your own.
700*28C road tires
Front and rear disc brakes
- Bike might be heavy
6. Mongoose Adventure Bike
Mongoose bikes are one of the best steel gravel bikes featuring adventure geometry, an alloy frame, and a steel fork for a better riding experience. The mechanical disc brakes give you quick stopping power over any bumps or sudden encounters. There is an integrated frame bag where you can keep all the essentials needed for your travel. You can carry two panniers in the large front rack and even more storage in the rear carriage. This is one of the best gravel bikes best suited for your bicycle tour.
- Shimano tourney derailleurs with 2x7 drivetrain to shift effortlessly between different speeds.
- Shifters and brake lever combos for better riding.
- Color - Navy blue
- Warranty - Limited lifetime warranty
- Assembly - The bike is pre-assembled partially and easy to finish the rest on your own.
- Frame bag
- Mechanical disc brakes
Brakes can be efficient
7. Eurobike Gravel Bike
Eurobike is one of the best budget gravel bikes that is sturdy and durable for its price. The dual disc brakes allow you to immediately stop in case of any obstacle and provide safety protection for you. 700*35C allows you to ride on any type of road. The handlebar is curved which reduces the resistance that occurs during the ride. With 21-speed shifting system, you can shift between any given speed easily. These features make this bike the best gravel bike.
- Wide tires for better traction
- Curved road bike handlebar
- Rigid suspension system that absorbs the shock if you bump over any obstacle.
- Color - Blackblue, Blackred, Silverblue, Mag wheel, Light rim, Wide rim, 3 spoke wheel.
- Warranty - One year
- Assembly - The bike is partially assembled
High-quality carbon steel frame
Best suited for on- and off-road riding
- Bike can be heavy
8. Hittroad Electric Gravel Bike
Hittroad is another best e-gravel bike on the list. You can charge your bike for 15 mins and ride up to 7 miles. The battery is 375W and you can charge it completely within 3 hours with 4A fast charging. You can go up to 20mph with a 375W battery. It is uniquely designed to avoid overheating when you pass through roads like uphill or sand. The front fork absorbs the shock that you might get from bumping over any obstacle. For sudden stopping power, mechanical disc brakes are equipped with this bike. It also has fenders that protect the tires from mud and sand in case of rain and snow. One of the best gravel bikes that will make your trip and riding experience memorable.
- Provides 26-39 miles and 20mp on the throttle when riding on a fully charged battery.
- Pedal assist level is three on a flat surface and can carry up to 300 pounds of weight.
- Shimano 21-speed allows to shift to any speed precisely even on a slope.
- Handlebar can be adjusted to 50 degrees back to improve your body position.
- Color - Black and white
- Warranty - One year
- Assembly - The bike comes 90% pre-assembled and easy to finish the rest
Powerful motor performance
- Pedals might be too close to the front wheel
9. Royce Union Gravel Bike
Royce Union is one of the best budget gravel bikes built to run efficiently on any type of road. The aluminum frame provides great acceleration and you can easily turn in the tightest turns and steepest areas. EZ trigger shifters allow you to shift precisely between gears and the Shimano disc brakes provide great stopping power in any weather conditions. The Shimano drivetrain smoothly shifts power from the rider to the wheel.
- 3-piece crank system gives a great gravel riding experience
- All-terrain tires where you can ride on any type of muddy trail
- ATB saddle offers you ultimate seating comfort throughout your ride
- Color - Sport black
- Warranty - 10-year frame warranty
- Assembly - Only a slight assembling is required
EZ fire trigger shifters
Shimano disc brakes
- Handlebars can be low
10. Redfire Bike
Redfire is one of the best budget gravel bikes that is designed with a lightweight and durable aluminum frame which provides ultimate comfort during your ride. The wheels are made of alloy rims and provide good traction in any type of terrain. For your ride to be smoother, the front suspension fork absorbs any shock that you may get from bumping over any obstacle. The Shimano tourney 21-speed drivetrain let you shift between any gears quickly and efficiently. One of the best gravel bikes that will keep you comfortable throughout your ride.
- Invisible frame welding which creates a better junction by increasing the strength
- Quick-release seat binder in the saddle let you adjust the seat to your desired height
- Locked suspension, where your fork remains inactive increasing your pedal efficiency
- Color - Black, blue, blue/yellow, cyan, orange, purple, white/purple, yellow/cyan
- Warranty - One-year
- Assembly - Easy to assemble on your own as the bike is 90% pre-assembled
- Pre-assembly can be better
Buying Guide for the Best Gravel Bikes
There are certain factors that you have to consider before buying the best gravel bikes.
As gravel bikes are built and designed to travel across miles of rough terrain, they have wider tires. They are significantly larger so mud clearance is an issue in such tires. The width of a tire can range from 30mm to 48mm. Aside from 700c wheels, 650b smaller wheels with higher volume tires are common. Many of the best gravel bike tires have a fast-rolling center tread with side knobs to aid in steering through mixed terrains. Tubeless tires are also popular on gravel bikes as the tubeless adhesive offers some puncture protection.
Longer derailleur and slacker head-tube angles, the gravel bikes have a longer wheelbase compared to other road bikes. Head tubes are also typically taller, keeping the rider in a most comfortable, and straight position. As a result of these geometry variations, the ride is more pleasant and confident than on a road bike.
Gravel bike’s popularity has been supported by the introduction of gravel-specific gears and brakes. While the gravel bikes, in the beginning, have used gears off-road bikes, the latest bikes use Shimano, Campagnolo ekar, and SRAM XPLR which offers a more appropriate gear selection. Because of the terrain, many gravel bikes have semi-cranksets and a variety of cassettes to provide a wide range of gearing that is both fast on the road and low enough for off-road riding. It is common to see dual cranksets with 48/32t chainrings. Many gravel bikes feature a 1xgearing system, removing the front derailleur.
Just like any other type of bike, gravel bikes are also designed with different types of frames. That includes carbon fiber, aluminum, steel, and titanium. If you are a person who spends a lot of time on the terrains, then carbon fiber will be the right choice for you. For those who stick to the budget, aluminum will be a perfect choice. When it comes to matchless and durability, nothing can beat steel and titanium.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How much should I spend on a gravel bike?
It totally depends on the purpose that you are getting the bike. If you are a person who spends most of your time riding around different terrains, then you must invest something into the quality of your bike. On average, gravel bikes typically cost from $500 and go above $2000 depending on the brand. So it's up to you to decide what will suit your needs.
2. Can I use gravel bikes on paved roads?
Yes, of course, you can use gravel bikes on paved roads. As we said, it is a combination of road and mountain bikes where you can use them on both paved and unpaved roads.
3. What is the purpose of a gravel bike?
A gravel bike is used to take you on your adventurous journey through different types of terrain. You can travel across miles of road and still it will keep you comfortable and confident. Not only for uneven trails, but you can use a gravel bike as a road bike as well.
4. How long will the gravel bikes last?
Five years is the maximum life capacity for bikes. But if you maintain it properly, it will last a lifetime. Do take your bike to the local bike shop to ensure it stays in good condition.
5. Is it worth investing in the best gravel bikes?
Gravel bikes are a great choice for adventurous trips and if you are one who spends much time on the terrains. Gravel bikes are a combination of road and mountain bikes that you can also use for daily commuting.
Gravel bikes are a great choice for daily commuting as well as hill climbing. These bikes keep you comfortable and confident no matter how long you ride. Dual versatility is what makes this bike unique and special.
We hope this article on ‘Best gravel bikes’ has given you the best products to decide upon. Do tell us in the comments if you find this helpful and also any questions or queries. We will get back to you soon.